Course Booking and Participation Terms & Conditions
- When booking a course via GK Icon, the goalkeeper is expected to make payment prior to the session taking place. Each goalkeeper shall pay the coach directly and not GK Icon.
- Should any problems arise or you are unhappy with the course please in the first instance speak to your coach or contact email@example.com.
- If you injured and not able to attend a session please send a copy of the doctor’s note to your coach, refunds are discretionary, the decision will be that of your coach.
- Each coach will have a register for each session and contact details for those responsible for each keeper in case of injury.
- It is the responsibility of the parent to ensure that each student is collected from their session at GK Icon Ltd. The coach is not responsible for keepers not collected from the venue.
- Each coach has been CRB checked and has the relevant first aid qualifications and will happily produce these if requested.
- GK Icon ltd strongly recommends that every student takes out insurance to cover such events as: cancellation or curtailment of the course booked due to serious illness or accidental injury before your arrival; loss of personal effects; medical expenses and repatriation; personal liability and personal accident. Failure to do so could cause serious problems in the case of an emergency. All of our coaches are covered by FACA.
- In the event of death or illness, we do not accept responsibility unless the cause is shown to be negligence by GK Icon Limited or its staff. We do not accept liability for loss of students’ property or for extra expense incurred by circumstances outside our control including strikes, riots, war etc.
GK Icon Website Usage Terms & Conditions
This agreement applies as between you, the User of this Web Site and GK Icon, the owner(s) of this Web Site. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Web Site. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you should stop using the Web Site immediately.
No part of this Web Site is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your order constitutes a contractual offer and our acceptance of that offer is deemed to occur upon our sending a dispatch email to you indicating that your order has been fulfilled and is on its way to you.
- 1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Agreement the following terms shall have the following meanings:
means collectively the personal information, Payment Information and credentials used by Users to access Paid Content and / or any communications System on the Web Site;
means any third party responsible for transporting purchased Goods from our Premises to customers;
means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Web Site;
means any products that GK Icon advertises and / or makes available for sale through this Web Site;
means GK Icon, Catalyst House, 720 Centennial Court, Centennial Park, Elstree, Herts, WD6 3SY
means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that GK Icon makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future;
means any details required for the purchase of Goods from this Web Site. This includes, but is not limited to, credit / debit card numbers, bank account numbers and sort codes;
means collectively any orders, invoices, dispatch notes, receipts or similar that may be in hard copy or electronic form;
Means our place(s) of business located at Catalyst House, 720 Centennial Court, Centennial Park, Elstree, Herts, WD6 3SY
means any online communications infrastructure that GK Icon makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
"User" / "Users"
means any third party that accesses the Web Site and is not employed by GK Icon and acting in the course of their employment; and
means the website that you are currently using (http://www.gkicon.comk) and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- 2. Age Restrictions
For persons under the age of 18 payment information must be provided by or with the permission of an Adult.
- 3. Business Customers
These Terms and Conditions also apply to customers buying Goods in the course of business.
- 4. International Customers
If Goods are being ordered from outside GK Icon’s country of residence, import duties and taxes may be incurred once your Goods reach their destination. GK Icon is not responsible for these charges and we undertake to make no calculations or estimates in this regard. If you are buying internationally, you are advised to contact your local customs authorities for further details on costs and procedures. As the purchaser of the Goods, you will also be the importer of record and as such should ensure that your purchase is in full compliance with the laws of the country into which the Goods are being imported. Please be aware that Goods may be inspected on arrival at port for customs purposes and GK Icon cannot guarantee that the packaging of your Goods will be free of signs of tampering.
- 5. Intellectual Property
- 5.1 Subject to the exceptions in Clause 6 of these Terms and Conditions, all Content included on the Web Site, unless uploaded by Users, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software is the property of GK Icon, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. By continuing to use the Web Site you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable United Kingdom and International intellectual property and other laws.
- 5.2 Subject to Clause 7 you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use material from the Web Site unless otherwise indicated on the Web Site or unless given express written permission to do so by GK Icon.
- 6. Third Party Intellectual Property
- 6.1 Unless otherwise expressly indicated, all Intellectual Property rights including, but not limited to, Copyright and Trademarks, in product images and descriptions belong to the manufacturers or distributors of such products as may be applicable.
- 6.2 Subject to Clause 7 you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use such material unless otherwise indicated on the Web Site or unless given express written permission to do so by the relevant manufacturer or supplier.
- 7. Fair Use of Intellectual Property
Material from the Web Site may be re-used without written permission where any of the exceptions detailed in Chapter III of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 apply.
- 8. Links to Other Web Sites
This Web Site may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of GK Icon or that of our affiliates. We assume no responsibility for the content of such web sites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Web Site does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
- 9. Links to this Web Site
Those wishing to place a link to this Web Site on other sites may do so only to the home page of the site.
- 10. Use of Communications Facilities
- 10.1 When using the enquiry form or any other System on the Web Site you should do so in accordance with the following rules:
- 10.1.1 You must not use obscene or vulgar language;
- 10.1.2 You must not submit Content that is unlawful or otherwise objectionable. This includes, but is not limited to, Content that is abusive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, ageist, sexist or racist;
- 10.1.3 You must not submit Content that is intended to promote or incite violence;
- 10.1.4 It is advised that submissions are made using the English language as we may be unable to respond to enquiries submitted in any other languages;
- 10.1.6 You must not impersonate other people, particularly employees and representatives of GK Icon or our affiliates; and
- 10.1.7 You must not use our System for unauthorised mass-communication such as "spam" or "junk mail".
- 10.2 You acknowledge that GK Icon reserves the right to monitor any and all communications made to us or using our System.
- 11. Accounts
- 11.1 In order to purchase Goods on this Web Site you are required to create an Account which will contain certain personal details and Payment Information which may vary based upon your use of the Web Site as we may not require payment information until you wish to make a purchase. By continuing to use this Web Site you represent and warrant that:
- 11.1.1 all information you submit is accurate and truthful;
- 11.1.2 you have permission to submit Payment Information where permission may be required; and
- 11.1.3 you will keep this information accurate and up-to-date.
Your creation of an Account is further affirmation of your representation and warranty.
- 11.2 It is recommended that you do not share your Account details, particularly your username and password. GK Icon accepts no liability for any losses or damages incurred as a result of your Account details being shared by you. If you use a shared computer, it is recommended that you do not save your Account details in your internet browser. GK Icon shall not be liable for any damage or loss resulting from any illegal or unauthorised access (such as but not limited to hacking) to the hosting facilities or the website. This includes but is not limited to fraudulent use of and unauthorised access to payment information and payment card details via the hosting facilities or the website.
- 11.3 If you have reason to believe that your Account details have been obtained by another without consent, you should contact GK Icon immediately to suspend your Account and cancel any unauthorised purchases that may be pending. Please be aware that purchases can only be cancelled until they are dispatched. In the event that an unauthorised purchase is dispatched prior to your notifying us of the unauthorised nature of the purchase, GK Icon accepts no liability or responsibility and you should make contact with the Carrier detailed in the Purchase Information.
- 11.4 When choosing your username you are required to adhere to the terms set out above in Clause 10. Any failure to do so could result in the suspension and/or deletion of your Account.
- 12. Termination and Cancellation
- 12.1 Either GK Icon or you may terminate your Account. If GK Icon terminates your Account, you will be notified by email and an explanation for the termination will be provided. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to terminate without giving reasons.
- 12.2 If GK Icon terminates your Account, any current or pending purchases on your Account will be cancelled and will not be dispatched.
- 12.3 GK Icon reserves the right to cancel purchases without stating reasons, for any reason prior to processing payment and dispatch.
- 12.4 If purchases are cancelled for any reason prior to dispatch you will be refunded any monies paid in relation to those purchases.
- 12.5 If you terminate your Account any non-dispatched purchases will be cancelled and you will be refunded any monies paid in relation to those purchases.
- 13. Goods, Pricing and Availability
- 13.1 Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that all graphical representations and descriptions of Goods available from GK Icon correspond to the actual Goods, GK Icon is not responsible for any variations from these descriptions. This does not exclude our liability for mistakes due to negligence on our part and refers only to variations of the correct Goods, not different Goods altogether. Please refer to Clause 15.1 for incorrect Goods.
- 13.2 Where appropriate, you may be required to select the required size and colour of the Goods that you are purchasing.
- 13.3 GK Icon does not represent or warrant that such Goods will be available. Stock indications are provided on the Web Site however these may not take into account sales that have taken place during your visit to the web site.
- 13.4 All pricing information on the Web Site is correct at the time of going online. GK Icon reserves the right to change prices and alter or remove any special offers from time to time and as necessary.
- 13.5 In the event that prices are changed during the period between an order being placed for Goods and GK Icon processing that order and taking payment, you will be contacted prior to your order being processed with details of the new price;
- 13.6 All prices on the Web Site include VAT.
- 14. Delivery
- 14.1 GK Icon will notify you by way of email when your goods are dispatched to you. The message will contain details of estimated delivery times in addition to any reasons for a delay in the delivery of the Goods purchased by you.
- 14.2 If GK Icon receives no communication from you, within 7 working days beginning with the day after the day on which the item is delivered, regarding any problems with the Goods, you are deemed to have received the Goods in full working order and with no problems.
- 15. Returns Policy
GK Icon aims to always provide high quality Goods that are fault free and undamaged. On occasion however, goods may need to be returned. Returns are governed by these Terms and Conditions.
- 15.1 If you receive Goods which do not match those that you ordered and you would like a refund or replacement, unless accompanied by an explanatory note detailing the changes, stating reasons for the changes and setting out your options, then we must receive written notice of your intention to return the item within 7 working days beginning with the day after the day on which the item is delivered. GK Icon is responsible for paying shipment costs. You will be given the option to have the Goods replaced with those ordered (if available) or to be refunded through the payment method used by you when purchasing the Goods. Refunds and replacements will be issued upon our receipt of the returned Goods. You will be offered an exchange or credit note if we receive written notice of your intention to return Goods to us after 7 days but before 14 working days beginning with the day after the day on which the item is delivered. If we receive written notice of your intention to return Goods to us after 14 working days beginning with the day after the day on which the item is delivered neither refund nor exchange nor credit note will be offered.
- 15.2 If any Goods you have purchased have faults when they are delivered to you and you would like a refund or replacement, then we must receive written notice of your intention to return the item within 7 working days beginning with the day after the day on which the item is delivered. GK Icon is responsible for paying shipment costs. Goods must be returned in their original condition with all packaging and documentation. Upon receipt of the returned Goods, the price of the Goods, as paid by you, will be refunded to you through the payment method used by you when purchasing the Goods.You will be offered an exchange or credit note if we receive written notice of your intention to return Goods to us after 7 days but before 14 working days beginning with the day after the day on which the item is delivered. If we receive written notice of your intention to return Goods to us after 14 working days beginning with the day after the day on which the item is delivered neither refund nor exchange nor credit note will be offered.
- 15.3 If Goods are damaged in transit and the damage is apparent on delivery, you should sign the delivery note to the effect that the goods have been damaged. In any event, if you would like a refund or replacement, then we must receive written notice of your intention to return the item within 7 working days beginning with the day after the day on which the item is delivered. GK Icon is responsible for paying shipment costs. Upon receipt of the returned Goods, the price of the Goods, as paid by you, will be refunded to you through the payment method used by you when purchasing the Goods.You will be offered an exchange or credit note if we receive written notice of your intention to return Goods to us after 7 days but before 14 working days beginning with the day after the day on which the item is delivered. If we receive written notice of your intention to return Goods to us after 14 working days beginning with the day after the day on which the item is delivered neither refund nor exchange nor credit note will be offered.
- 15.4 You have a statutory right to a "cooling off" period. This period begins once you have recieved your dispatch email and ends 7 working days beginning with the day after the day on which the item is delivered. If you change your mind about the goods within this period, please give us written notice of your intention to return the item within 7 working days beginning with the day after the day on which the item is delivered. Goods must be returned in their original condition with all packaging and documentation. You are responsible for paying shipment costs if Goods are returned for this reason. If we receive written notice of your intention to return Goods to us after 7 working days beginning with the day after the day on which the item is delivered neither refund nor exchange nor credit note will be offered.
- 15.5 You must return the goods to GK Icon if you cancel the contract. If you wish to return Goods to GK Icon for any of the above reasons, please contact us using the details on http://www.gkicon.com/ContactUs/ContactGKIcon.aspx or contact us on 020 8736 4087, 11am – 5:30pm, Monday – Friday, firstname.lastname@example.org to make the appropriate arrangements.
- 15.6 GK Icon reserves the right to exercise discretion with respect to any returns under these Terms and Conditions. Factors which may be taken into account in the exercise of this discretion include, but are not limited to:
- 15.6.1 Any use or enjoyment that you may have already had out of the Goods;
- 15.6.2 Any characteristics of the Goods which may cause them to deteriorate or expire rapidly;
- 15.6.3 Any discounts that may have formed part of the purchase price of the Goods to reflect any lack of quality made known to the Customer at the time of purchase.
Such discretion to be exercised only within the confines of the law.
- 16. Privacy
- 17. Disclaimers
- 17.1 GK Icon makes no warranty or representation that the Web Site will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our Services.
- 17.2 No part of this Web Site is intended to constitute advice and the Content of this Web Site should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind.
- 17.3 No part of this Web Site is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance.
- 18. Changes to the Service and these Terms and Conditions
GK Icon reserves the right to change the Web Site, its Content or these Terms and Conditions at any time. You will be bound by any changes to the Terms and Conditions from the first time you use the Web Site following the changes. If GK Icon is required to make any changes to Terms and Conditions relating to sale of Goods by law, these changes will apply automatically to any orders currently pending in addition to any orders placed by you in the future.
- 19. Availability of the Web Site
The Service is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and / or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality.
GK Icon accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Web Site resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
- 20. Limitation of Liability
- 20.1 To the maximum extent permitted by law, GK Icon accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Web Site or any information contained therein. Users should be aware that they use the Web Site and its Content at their own risk.
- 20.2 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts GK Icon’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from any negligence or fraud on the part of GK Icon.
- 20.3 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts GK Icon’s liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising out of the incorrect delivery of Goods or out of reliance on incorrect information included on the Web Site.
- 20.4 Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that these terms and conditions adhere strictly with the relevant provisions of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, in the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal.
- 21. No Waiver
In the event that any party to these Terms and Conditions fails to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
- 22. Previous Terms and Conditions
In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any prior versions thereof, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
- 23. Notices
All notices / communications shall be given to us either by post to our Premises (see address above) or by email to email@example.com. Such notice will be deemed received 3 days after posting if sent by first class post, the day of sending if the email is received in full on a business day and on the next business day if the email is sent on a weekend or public holiday.
- 24. Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions and the relationship between you and GK Icon shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England and Wales and GK Icon and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
The material may not be rewritten, republished or redistributed without written permission from GK Icon Limited.
The information provided by GK Icon Ltd is not intended to treat or to offer any specific diagnosis to any individual. The information provided at GK Icon Ltd is offered as-is, without warranty and the reader assumes all risks from using the information herein. GK Icon Ltd disclaims any and all liability from the use of the information provided and all information, including health, medical, financial, physiological or other - is not intended as a replacement for professional consultations with qualified practitioners. GK Icon Ltd strives to provide useful diet tools, diet articles for motivation, healthy recipes. Before relying on material, users should independently verify the accuracy, the completeness and the relevance for their purposes, obtaining professional advice when appropriate or applicable as the material at GK Icon Ltd may include opinions, recommendations or content from third parties which may not reflect your views.